Advancing excellence through faculty diversity
Before you begin
- Obtain the sponsorship of a tenured faculty member other than your PhD dissertation advisor who is willing to serve as your primary mentor.
- Be prepared to provide the following required documents in PDF:
- Thesis abstract – one page
- Research Proposal – 700-1,000 words (not including references and citations)
- Education and Background Statement – 500-700 words describing your personal background and contributions to diversity and equal opportunity through your academic career
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample – sample publication or unpublished paper, please limit to 35 pages (not including references and citations)
- Please review the application requirements (pdf) before beginning the online application.
When you are ready to begin:
Click on the link below to either register as a New User or to log in as a Returning User and continue working on an application you already created. If you have to stop working on your application before you complete it, any information that you've submitted should be saved.
If you have any problems submitting the online application, send an e-mail to PPFP Info.
Application deadline: November 1
Your application is not complete until all required documents have been received by the President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs.
Checking the status of your application:
After completing the online portion of the application, you can check the status of the receipt of your supporting documents by using the same username/password to log into the President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program online application site and clicking on the "References and Research Proposals" link.
You can verify the corrected email address by returning to the online application system using the same username and password. The link to resend emails to references is located on the reference page under the letter writer information. The link to resend emails to mentors is located on the Research Proposal/Mentor page under the mentor information.